Get your California RBS Certification with the state-approved LIQUORexam.com employee-preferred RBS training. LIQUORexam.com has the approval of the California ABC and offers RBS training in both English and Spanish.
We have been providing state-approved RBS training since 2006. With over 25 years of experience teaching over 300,000 servers and sellers of alcohol to understand California alcohol laws rules and regulations, you know you’re in good hands.
This course can be completed in 2 hours or less and is specifically designed for those who own, manage, or work in establishments that serve and/or sell alcohol in the state of California. With this training, you'll have the RBS certification you need whether you are learning how to become a bartender, or if you have been working in the business for years.
The LIQUORexam.com state-approved California Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) training is just $8.95. This is a self-paced training and students must pass the 25-question final exam with a score of 70% or better in order to receive their 3-year certification.
LIQUORexam.com was one of the first ABC-approved RBS training providers, and we continue to be a preferred RBS training provider for alcohol servers in California.
For answers to frequently asked questions regarding RBS training read our California RBS Training FAQs page.
What is RBS Certification?
California RBS certification means that the alcohol server has successfully completed an ABC-approved RBS training program, such as LIQUORexam.com, and passed the RBS alcohol server certification exam (hosted by ABC). Once the server has successfully completed the RBS training and exam, their RBS certification is valid for 3 years.
Who is required to complete RBS training?
Anyone who serves alcoholic beverages in the state of California is required to complete RBS training through an ABC-accredited training provider, like LIQUORexam.com. This includes servers, bartenders, managers, owners, and anyone who verifies customer identification, takes orders, makes alcoholic beverages, serves alcoholic beverages, and delivers alcoholic beverages. Read more about this on our blog titled California RBS Training Requirements: Who Needs It and Why
What are the steps to completing RBS Certification?
Step 1: Obtain your Server ID
- Prior to completing this course, you will need to create an account on the California RBS Portal at https://abcbiz.abc.ca.gov/ to obtain your “Server ID” (there is a $3 fee).
- The Server ID is a 9-digit number.
- You will need your Server ID to provide at the end of this training so that we may report your completion to the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC). Failure to provide an accurate Server ID may result in an additional fee to update your account and resubmit proof of training to the ABC.
Step 2: Complete the LIQUORexam.com California RBS Training program.
- This is a self-paced training and can be completed in 2 hours or less.
- The RBS training is 10% online and you may log out and return right where you left off.
Step 3: Take, and pass, the ABC Administered RBS exam with a passing score of 70% or better.
- Once you complete this online course, our system immediately reports your training to the ABC so that you may have access to the ABC-administered RBS exam.
- You may then log into the ABC Portal to access the ABC-administered Final Exam.
- Please note that you have only 30 days from the date you complete this training (and pass the final exam) to access and complete the ABC RBS exam.
What can you expect in this RBS training?
Lessons in this RBS Training include:
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the California Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) Training
- Lesson 2: The Social Impact of Alcohol
- Lesson 3: The Impact of Alcohol on the Human Body
- Lesson 4: State Laws and Regulations Relating to Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Lesson 5: Intervention Techniques to Prevent the Service or Sale of Alcoholic Beverages to Underage or Intoxicated Patrons
- Lesson 6: Development of Management Policies that Support the Prevention of Service or Sale of Alcoholic Beverages to Underage or Intoxicated Patrons
Enroll in the LIQUORexam.com Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) training program to master responsible alcohol service. Learn vital skills such as managing difficult situations, ID verification, and understanding the impact of alcohol on the human body.
Having a clear grasp of the relevant laws and regulations regarding the service of alcohol in California is crucial to protecting yourself and those in the community. This RBS course has been specifically developed for alcohol-serving establishments in California, as this training is vital for owners, managers, and staff in the hospitality industry.
Features of this RBS Certification course
This course and website are developed to work on any smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. This training is a self-paced online course and the site tracks your progress so you are able to log off and resume training where you left off.
- This is a self-paced training completed 100% online
- Log out and resume where you left off
- 90-day Course Access
- Pass Guarantee (99.8% of students pass on the first attempt)
- 3-year printable certification and free printable wallet card
- Training is reported immediately to the ABC (no 24-hr waiting period) Note: It is the student's responsibility to provide the correct Server ID when registering. Failure to do so may result in an additional administration fee.
Is RBS training mandatory in the State of California?
RBS training under the requirements of CA Assembly Bill 1221 became mandatory in 2022. This state mandate requires on-premises alcoholic beverage servers and their managers to successfully complete an ABC-approved RBS training program and exam.
Who is required to complete RBS training in California?
Any alcohol server and their manager must have a valid RBS certification from an ABC-accredited RBS training provider and pass an online ABC-administered RBS exam.
Who must be trained under AB 1221?
Any ABC licensee who has an “ABC On-Premises License” will need to have their staff (alcohol servers and managers of alcohol servers) trained and certified in RBS within sixty (60) days of the date of initial employment. This includes but is not limited to restaurants, bars, fast casual dining, tasting rooms (including off-sale locations), hotels, and stadiums.
What happens if I enter an incorrect Server ID?
After successfully finishing the training and passing the final exam, we will make an attempt to report your training to the ABC, enabling you to access the ABC-administered exam. If the Server ID you initially provided during registration is inaccurate, a $5 fee will apply to update your Server ID and attempt to report your training again. Before taking the final exam, you'll have a chance to verify your Server ID. If this number is incorrect, you may contact us prior to accessing the exam to update the ID number at no charge.
Are you an Owner or Manager with employees requiring RBS Certification?
For comprehensive RBS training solutions, reach out to us at 888-344-5554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation. Whether you're a small business or a nationwide enterprise, we have tailored account options to fit your RBS training needs.
Our Standard Owner/Manager Account is ideal for smaller businesses or those seeking basic features. Conversely, our Multi-Location Master Corporate Account encompasses all Single Location features while enabling seamless management across multiple locations.
All account holders, regardless of size, can pre-purchase course credits or opt for net-30 billing terms—no qualification process needed. We believe in transparency: no set-up fees, ongoing charges, or hidden costs.
CLICK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON OUR CORPORATE SOLUTIONS