Register: Select a Program
You've selected Alabama. The following programs are available for you.
Select a program and you’ll be asked for your official registration details.
Get started now. It's quick and easy!
- Click the REGISTER NOW button
- Signup by giving required information
- Buy course and continue with training!
Courses avaliable in Alabama
Click on course name to view details
Alabama Responsible Vendor Program (RVP) Training
Course Fee: $7.95REGISTER NOW
Alabama Responsible Vendor Program (RVP) Training Just $7.95
Bulk Purchases for Owner/Manager accounts $5.95 (min 5 user credits) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR OWNER/MANAGER ACCOUNT
Bulk Purchases for Owner/Manager accounts $5.95 (min 5 user credits) *please contact us to receive this discount
Individuals seeking training should consult their employer for information on receiving training.
Liquor establishments wishing to utilize the LIQUORexam.com curriculum may do so upon request. Simply call 888-344-5554 with your request and we will help you through the process of becoming a Responsible Vendor. Once your application is approved, your employees will be able to take a LIQUORexam.com course that will be specially developed for your business for just $7.95 each.
The Responsible Vendor Program (RVP) was implemented by the Alabama ABC Board in October, 1990. The program requires the training of all employees involved in the management, sale, or service of alcoholic beverages. An average of 1,000 employees are trained each month throughout the State of Alabama. Training includes Alabama law regarding the sale or service of alcohol, practical techniques for determining if the customer is of legal age, civil and criminal penalties, and techniques for reducing the risk inherent in the sale/service of alcohol. Licensees who voluntarily join the program are required to establish policies ensuring legal and responsible sales and service, and to train employees in these policies.
For most licensees, participation in the program is voluntary. However, Alabama law requires mandatory participation for on-premises licensees who hold a retail restaurant license (020 license type), and who wish to hire 19- and 20- year old servers and allow those servers to deliver alcohol to customer tables. Otherwise, persons under the age of 21 are prohibited from delivering the alcohol to customer tables.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
As of 10/27/2014, this program is UNDER REVIEW by the Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board.
- This self-paced online course is 1.5 hours in length
- The fee for this course is just $8.95
The LIQUORexam.com Responsible Beverage Service (RBS) training program will teach you how to serve alcohol responsibly, handle difficult situations, detect and deal with drug use or sales, check for proper ID, and understand the effects of alcohol and the human body.
This training program is specifically designed for those who own, manage and work in establishments serving/selling alcohol. Responsible alcohol service education is extremely important for all those working in this industry.
This course and website are developed to work on any smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop. This training is a self-paced online course and the site tracks your progress so you are able to log-off and resume training where you left off.
Lessons in this course:
- Introduction - Alabama Responsible Vendor Training
- Liability, Responsibility and the Liquor Authority
- Review of Alabama State Laws and Codes
- Alcohol and the Human Body
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Other Important Topics
CERTIFICATION OF COMPLETION
- Final exam: 40 questions
- Passing Score: 70% or better
- Certification valid period: 2 years
- Certification type: Downloadable PDF document (available to save, print or email)
STATE LIQUOR AUTHORITY
Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board
2715 Gunter Park Drive West
Montgomery, AL 36109
Phone: 334/271-3840 Fax: 334/277-2150
STATE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Alabama’s Responsible Vendor Program:
- Established in October 1990.
- Administered by the ABC.
- Participation by the licensee in this program is voluntary.
- Certification of the licensee in the program is required annually and is renewed with the ABC Beverage License.
Procedures for becoming certified under Alabama’s Responsible Vendor Program:
- Step 1: Train employees using a course approved by the ABC.
- Step 2: Submit a Report of Server, Seller or Manager Training per license.
- Step 3: Designate a custodian of records for the establishment.
- Step 4: Submit an Application for Certification per license.
- Step 5: Submit the $35.00 fee per license.
In order to maintain responsible vendor certification, the licensee must:
- Display all licenses in a location that is easily visible.
- Display signs stating the establishment’s policies on checking IDs. (Signs must be at least 8” by 13” in size and need to be displayed near all entrances, registers and wherever alcohol is displayed.)
- Maintain current and accurate records within the state of Alabama.
- Designate a custodian of records.
- Train all new hires or transferred employees within 30 days and submit a new Report of Server, Seller or Manager Training form to the office of the Responsible Vendor Program.
- Provide semiannual training meetings to update employees on policies and review procedures.
- Maintain documentation of these meetings. (Include the date of the meeting, name of the person leading the meeting, topics covered and names of all employees in attendance with their social security numbers.)
The Custodian of Records is responsible for maintaining the following information:
- Each employee’s name, date of birth and social security number.
- Each employee’s date of hire and date of first training.
- Name of the person who trained each employee.
- Name of the course provider used for training of employees.
- Test results for each employee.
- Any corrections made on an employee’s test, which must be initialed by the employee.
- Documentation of all semiannual training meetings.
- Company policy acknowledgement statements.
Responsibilities of licensees under Alabama’s Responsible Vendor Program include:
- Upholding all of the liquor laws enforced under the ABC.
- Maintaining policies and programs for the responsible and legal sale of alcohol.
- Providing all employees and managers who serve or sell alcohol with training on these policies.
Training of employees under Alabama’s Responsible Vendor Program must include:
- The alcohol laws of the state of Alabama.
- The criminal and civil penalties for breaking these laws.
- Procedures for determining if a customer is of the legal age to consume or purchase alcohol.
- Procedures for preventing illegal activities associated with the sale and service of alcohol.
Compliance Specialists monitor licensees under Alabama’s Responsible Vendor program by:
- Conducting inspections of the establishment.
- Conducing inspections of the establishment’s records.
- Monitoring the trainings that the licensee provides to employees.
- Providing support and consultation for management if necessary.
Participation in Alabama’s Responsible Vendor Program may help to:
- Provide a positive image to the community.
- Assist employees and management with providing responsible service of alcohol.
- Reduce the risk of a possible dram shop lawsuit.
- Protect your establishment’s license should an employee that was trained under the Responsible Vendor Guidelines serve or sell alcohol to a minor without your knowledge or approval.
- Reduce any administrative fines that the ABC might levy against your license.
- Possibly lower the costs associated with liability insurance coverage.
Keywords: Alabama Alcohol Training. Alabama Alcohol Server Training, Alabama Liquor Training. Alabama Alcohol Server Training. Mandatory Alabama Alcohol Seller Training. Mandatory Alabama Liquor Training. Alcohol Certification. Alabama Liquor Certification. Online Liquor Training. Alabama Alcohol Card.
KITCHENexam.com Food Handlers Certification
Course Fee: $5.95REGISTER NOW
Food Handlers Certification Just $5.95
Bulk Purchases for Owner/Manager accounts $4.95 (min 5 user credits) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR OWNER/MANAGER ACCOUNT
The Food Handlers Certification is designed to teach those working in establishments preparing and/or serving food how to do so responsibly and within the requirements as set by the local Health Agency. This course is 2.5 hours in length. To obtain your 2-year Food Handlers Certification, this course must be completed in its' entirety and you must pass the 25-questions final exam with a passing score of 70% or better.
Each state/county/city may have their own Health Agency and training requirements. Please consult your manager for information on contacting your local Health Agency.